Valley Therapeutic Equestrian Association is a non-profit charitable organization providing therapeutic horseback riding for children and adults with all forms of disabilities since 1983. Our goal is to enhance the quality of life for our clients by improving their physical, mental, and emotional well-being with the assistance of the horse.
Valley Therapeutic Equestrian Association is looking for someone to perform routine office duties. A pleasant telephone manner and competency with Excel and Word required. Familiarity with Simply Accounting an asset.
Duties will include:
- Reception: the main point of contact for clients, volunteers, etc. who may be visiting the office and all related calls.
- Answering customer questions/inquiries.
- Maintain daily calendars in co-operation with senior staff, schedule riders, schedule volunteers, schedule arena staff.
- Assisting the Board of Directors with administrative support, tasks, event planning and appointment management.
- Manage A/R and A/P using Sage, invoicing riders, funded and unfunded, managing payables in a timely manner and executing payroll.
- Maintains administration employment records
- Approve payroll hours
- Create and maintain effective filing – both physical and electronic.
- Updating and maintaining client, volunteer, donor/member databases
- Packaging and mailing of client documents as well as brochure requests.
- Manage and maintain office and equipment
- Ensure meeting spaces are neat, organized and well stocked.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com, or mail to 3330 256 ST Langley, BC V4W 1Y4
Full-Time Barn Staff
Responsible for all aspects of horse care and barn maintenance
Qualifications: Completion of post-secondary horse care program and/or recent previous equine/barn experience, of not less than five years.
Job Description: Excellent opportunity for an experienced stable hand to join our team! We offer a positive working environment with great staff and clients! Suitable applicant should be energetic and caring, comfortable around horses and people with disabilities, able to collaborate on tasks and take pride in the work. This role is physically demanding requiring candidates to have a strong fitness level and the ability to lift up to 50lbs.
This role includes but is not limited to:
- Feeding & watering horses
- Cleaning stalls & paddocks
- Handling & blanketing horses
- General barn cleaning & maintenance
- Experience with farming equipment is an asset but not required.
- Candidates should have access to a reliable vehicle.
Please send resume and brief description of your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Weekend barn worker
Job includes barn chores such as cleaning stalls, paddocks, turning in/out, feeding, filling waters, as well as grooming and tacking horses for lessons on Saturdays.
- Looking for someone who can work unsupervised, is reliable and motivated.
- Candidate must have previous horse experience as one of the days you will be working alone.
- Hours are Saturday 10-6 and Sunday 8-5.
Please send resume and brief description of your horse experience to email@example.com