How to Become a Member
Membership runs on an annual basis through to July 31 of each year. You must renew prior to July 31 for the next year to maintain your membership and retain your place at the Annual General Meeting in October.
Becoming a member is easy. There are two ways:
- You can pay $15 annually to become a member and be added to the membership list.
- Volunteers who complete more than 50 hours volunteer time in a calendar year are given complimentary memberships for that year.
You must complete a simple VTEA membership form. The e-mail address and telephone number you provide for us are particularly important so that we can keep in touch.
A new membership form must be completed each year or you must confirm that all physical addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers are correct.
In a similar way, membership through volunteering applies through to the end of the current year.
What membership means:
- The knowledge that you are helping VTEA provide crucial therapeutic services to a diverse group of individuals with varying abilities.
- Participation in an active family-oriented community that promotes inclusivity in an unbiased, nonjudgmental and safe environment.
- The right to be involved in decisions affecting the governance of the Association. Membership in good standing for at least 60 days prior to VTEA’s Annual General Meeting (as well as other general meetings that may be called from time to time) entitles each member to vote at that meeting.